Friday, March 16, 2012

My new office

I’m enjoying my new office with windows and desk with a Boobie Gibson bobblehead that nods with each word I type as if to say, “Yes, I agree with that.”  I tell him to leave this to me and he better work on those 3’s, pal.  There is also a lazy cat who purrs affectionately and then curls up in a sunbeam to catch up on her rest.  My other office mate is a Raggedy Ann doll like the one I carried everywhere as a little tot.  The story goes that she was never far from my clutches until she lost her stuffing so I leave this one on the shelf to smile and watch over me.  Thanks, Annie.  
I find these new office mates comforting and very similar to those I’ve worked with in the past.  There’s always a bobblehead in the office to agree with everything the boss is saying like they’ve just lectured on how we can turn plastic bottles into fuel and eliminate our reliance on foreign oil.  Always a beautiful cat in the office who purrs to the boss then flips her tail, saunters back to her cube and does absolutely nothing the rest of the day.  And I always find an Annie as well.  She is that sweet person who brings in brownies just because she felt like it, is never affected by anything happening around her and wears a smile as if it were painted onto her cloth face.  She’s never in a bad mood and always says the right thing to get you back on track with her positive words.  Yep, these new office mates are making me feel at ease and Annie is letting me know that everything is going to be alright.  Thanks, Annie.
There is balanced, imbalanced and somewhere in between you'll find Kimbalanced. 

1 comment: